The potato bread looks like a “real” loaf. Follow the recipe and you will definitely enjoy an unforgettable taste.
- 500 g Mix B Schär blend,
- 130 g potatoes (boiled, squeezed through the press)
- 150 g curdled milk (room temperature, read the label to make sure it is gluten free)
- 170 ml of lukewarm water
- half a teaspoon of salt
- 30 g of fresh yeast
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 50 ml of lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon of Mix B Schär
- YEAST LEAVEN : Mix 30 g of fresh yeast, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 50 ml of warm water, 1 tablespoon of Mix B in a bowl or a small pot. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and leave in a warm place to rise for about 20 minutes.
- Blend flour, potatoes (cooled), curdled milk, lukewarm water and half a teaspoon of salt, add yeast. Shape the dough until it is ready.
- Form a loaf shape and put on a baking tray lined with baking paper, then smooth the surface and make small cuts on the upper layer of a bread crust. Leave in a warm place (cover with a kitchen cloth) until the volume rises almost twice. Spread the top with egg yolk or water with sugar. Place the baking tray in a preheated oven and bake for about 40 minutes at 180-200 ° C (the temperature depends on the oven).
TIPS: When baking bread it is recommended to put a heatproof dish with a little water in the oven to create steam. During fermentation, it is recommended to cover the dough for bread or yeast dough with a cloth or plastic wrap to protect against drafts and drying of the surface, which would make it difficult to grow. Remember to use fresh yeast and give them to grow.